It’s that time again: Fun Car Facts time! We hope you enjoyed the first two installations. Here is a third for your entertainment!
Historical Car Facts
The automobile is a relatively recent creation. Let’s take a look at some important events along its historical time line:
- The first car to be put up for sale was the Benz in 1887.
- In 1897, the first auto insurance policy was bought in Massachusetts.
- In 1901, the first Grand Prix was won by a driver going approximately 46 miles an hour.
- In 1923, windshield wipers became a standard safety feature on cars.
- Also in 1923, radios were first offered as car accessories.
- In 1930, the first Indianapolis 500’s winning speed was approximately 100mph.
- In 1939, turn signals were invented and added to cars.
- In 1946, power windows were introduced.
- Seat belts became standard installations in 1963.
- In 1974, due to a shortage of oil, the government enacted a top highway speed of 55mph.
It’s fun to learn about the history of automobiles and their milestones. If you have a question about your current vehicle’s transmission, we are happy to help. Call us today!