Quality Transmission Rebuild and Repair Service
A&A Transmission owner Brian Filippone started working on vehicles when he was 14, learning all aspects of auto repair. But even back then, he had a passion for transmission work.
Filippone and his team of technicians are not only highly skilled and trained, but they are also members of the Automatic Transmission Rebuilder Association (ATRA). This means they adhere to a strict code of ethics, which include the following:
- They will diagnose transmission problems in an expert and honest manner, and will remove a transmission from a vehicle only if necessary.
- They will act with integrity and to “adhere to the concept of the Golden Rule in our dealings with the motoring public and with our competitors of industry.”
- They will undergo continual training and certification to keep up with the changes in the industry.
- Each transmission that is rebuilt at A&A Transmission will have been re-processed according to the ATRA’s Rebuilding Standards and Definitions.
For top-quality transmission repair and rebuild service in Oklahoma City, you can trust the team at A&A Transmission. We pride ourselves on the best customer service available, so contact us today to put us to work for you.
When do you need transmission repair?
Obviously, your vehicle needs its transmission in order to work. The complex machinery is responsible for shifting gears and for getting power down to the wheels based on the speed that it’s going at any given time. When a transmission starts to wear down, there will be signs that the driver should look for:
- The transmission is slipping between gears, or it pops back to neutral for no reason.
- The vehicle emits a grinding or humming noise, especially if it’s in neutral.
- The transmission fluid smells burnt.
- When the gears are changed, it’s not a smooth transition; grinding or thumping can be heard.
Some of these issues can be avoided with regular maintenance, including having your vehicle’s transmission fluid changed. But if you’re facing a bigger problem, you may need to have the transmission either rebuilt or repaired.
What’s the difference? A rebuilt transmission involves disassembling the machinery, replacing all worn parts and adding new gaskets, seals, bands and clutches (also known as the “soft parts”). A repaired transmission is generally less labor-intensive, as just one component is replaced or fixed.
We provide a variety of transmission-related services, including the following:
Automatic Transmission Repair
Manual Clutch Service and Repair
Fleet Commercial Vehicle Repair
Shift Kit Installations
Transmission Fluid Exchange
Automatic Flywheel Replacement
Manual Flywheel Resurfacing
Remember, most transmission problems start out small and get worse over time, so having it repaired as soon as possible will save you money. For the best-quality transmission rebuild and repair service in Oklahoma City and the surrounding area, give us a call today!